Client: Ministry Of Education
PCG Solutions role: Project Director
Project Value: $5 million
Completion: Early 2103
The Tahatai Coast School was constructed during the 1990’s and weather tightness issues have affected many of the buildings.
Garry Boon of PCG Solutions was engaged by the MOE in March 2011 to report on status and establish the redevelopment project.
The project included demolition of the library and several water damaged classroom buildings followed by construction of a new 2-story classroom block housing 18 teaching spaces. A new library building was also constructed. The school remained fully operational during the entire project.
PCG Solutions key deliverables for the Tahatai Coast School project included;
• Review and advise on the impact that ‘weather-tightness’ affected buildings were having on the teaching and learning environment at the school.
• Recommend an appropriate project governance model and establish an effective Project Control Group.
• Engage the Services of Project Architect.
• Engage the services of an independent Cost Engineer to review project budgets develop cost plan.
• Develop outline Project Plan and establish project monitoring and reporting frameworks.
• Recommend model for procurement of design and construction services for the project.
• Manage the ROI and RFP processes for procurement and of construction services.
• Facilitation of PCG and design meetings
• Manage relationships with all project stakeholders including the School, Ministry, consultants and the construction contractor.
The Project was completed in January 2013.